UPDATE on Fall Emmaus Weekends

We know that everyone is interested to know the status of the Fall Emmaus weekends.  The Board has continued to review and discuss how to proceed and has a goal of making a decision by September 10th.  At this point, we are moving forward with the idea that the weekends may occur but have not yet made a firm decision.  A final decision will be based upon the availability of pilgrims, the willingness of all to participate under defined restrictions, and the discernment of the Board based upon these factors and the situation with the virus. 

In order to assure maximum possible protection for the attendees, we will require that each participant residing at the Retreat Center be fully vaccinated, be prepared to wear a mask while inside the common areas, and be willing to sign a liability waiver.  We understand that this may not be a popular position but hope that you will respect the fact that our decisions as a Board are based in a desire to protect the community as a whole.  This may differ from an individual’s decision regarding their own situation.  But at this point in time, with the unpredictability of the virus and continued increasing infection rates, we are inclined to use all measures available to maximize the safety of the weekend.

Our registrar, Judy Shores, is attempting to reach the sponsors of all previously confirmed pilgrims to re-confirm their willingness to attend under the current conditions and in consideration of the requirements for vaccination, masks and the liability waiver as described above.  It you are a sponsor, please respond to her query promptly and/or contact her with this information at 302-668-4600 or eregistrar@flywithchrist.org. 

Although we cannot assure that the weekends will occur, you are invited to still submit applications at this time.  Again, please assure that the pilgrim is willing to participate under the terms described above.  As always, you can find the application under the FORMS tab of our website.  Notify Judy at the contact information above if you intend to sponsor a pilgrim within the coming week. 

Finally and most importantly, please pray for wisdom and discernment of all involved as we continue toward a decision on this weekend,

Barb Gallion

Community Lay Director

Delmarva Walk to Emmaus